Ever since I’ve gotten my hands on the 7D, I’ve been playing with it. Would it be difficult to handle? How’s the low light performance? Bear with some of my shakier footage, and grainy images, these are some of my better moments.
This is pretty raw, it’s a test because I really had to try the full workflow at least once through. The footage have very minimum levels and color adjustment. The copying and rendering is barely within my comfort range, but still, I probably would not be doing HD for SDE in a while.
Shot with EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF 85mm f/1.8 USM. Mostly closeups, because that is the kind of shots I needed the 7D to handle.
When I met with Christopher, Swee Foong today, and they brought Alicia with them, I am reminded of the reason I made my decision 2 years. Of course, I had been immensely inspired by Kelvin Koh, Gabriel Mendes, and a few other superb photographers as well. Knowing that they could be successful, and be able to spend quality time with their kids kept me going strong.
So here’s a little nod of thanks to these models of fine parenting, and also to all of our clients for their extreme support and patience, making it possible for this daddy to enjoy his parenthood at home.
Am I laughing?
A quick look at our talkative boy, and it’s back to editing!
Have been doing lots of reading since attending Entrepreneur Action Program (EAP) last year. Positive Thinking is one of many Distinction that have changed my perspective in life. Will talk about other distinction in my later post.
What is Positive thinking? We should always think positive in whatever we do. Our work, family relationship, Parenting, Career and many other stuff. All these positive thinking will win us half the battle even before doing anything. During Alicia’s Primary One Balloting at Yew Tee Primary School a few weeks back, Positive thinking was being tested once again for my own experience. As mention in my earlier post, there are 136 applicants for 134 places left. Swee Foong and myself were concentrating on Alicia’s number, 061. Alicia’s name was not called even after 100 applications chosen. Chances seems to be getting slim. On the 107th application picked, I just shouted 61 before the number was called. To our surprise, It was 061. We are jumping for joy. Be it coincidental or pure luck. We truly belief that our thoughts had help us win a battle this time.
When the last number was called and ballot completed, one couple quickly walked towards the principal with a letter in hand. They tried to ask for an exception. Why would someone prepare an appeal letter in advance. They must have the negative thoughts even before going to the balloting. The scene of the mother crying over her husband’s shoulder keep coming back to me. Is it a reminder not to havest negative thoughts or how much extra mile a parents would do for their children.
We should never have any negative thoughts in mind. That will bring our chance of success to as low as 30% even before battle. That will only attract more negative energy. Have you ever encountered setbacks after setbacks, why me thoughts would start to haunt you.
Start to think positive from today onward, your life will change. Mine is changing for sure.
We were involved in another stage of our parenthood last week. We registered Alicia to our neighbourhood school, Yew Tee Primary School. We did not moved house so that we could be within 1 km from a good school or volunteer at least 40hrs of our services to the school. We tried to find out more information regarding schools nearby. We were more surprised to find out that there is a website named www.kiasuparents.com.
Tomorrow, We are going back to Yew Tee Primary for balloting in phase 2C. Cant image that actually happen in a neighbourhood school. It is 101% over the quota. 136 registration for 134 places. Wish us luck.
The day had finally come. It took less than 2 mins to remove all my hair. The feeling is not so much of a sadness but joy. It was for a good cause to create the general public awareness of children cancer. My daughters, Close Friends and even neighbours could not recogonize me at first.
I would like to apologize to my wife, Swee Foong. Yesterday was her birthday and having my head shaved bald is one of her gift.
We were worried that some couples or their guest would feel uncomfortable to have a bald man moving around the wedding with a videocam. Having worked with Brian Ho and Edmund Leong before, people dont seem to be disturbed by them. Maybe it should be OK? At most, I bring a cap along loh.
Below are some of the pics taken before and after the shave. Cheers
The time of the year have come. Today was a tiring day for both myself and swee foong. (Vacumm, Mopping, Cleaning) Was really having a hard time clearing my daughter’s tons of toys. Finally finish 80% and settle down to check my email. Will complete the remaining 20% tomorrow after the reunion lunch/dinner.